My Confident Hope

Post Christmas Post

The last week or so has been absolutely crazy, as evidenced by my lack of blogging! Anyway, my week started with a trip to Atlanta with 22 kids to visit families and caseworkers. Let’s just say that spending 10 hours in a van with 5 teenage girls is pergatory. I worked half a day on Tuesday and it seemed that every time I started to leave someone would show up unannounced. Finally, I got out of work and headed to Atlanta. The traffic was absolutley crazy but that was to be expected. I got there in time to freshen up before the other guests started arriving. My uncle had invited all the family over for dinner on Tuesday night. It was alot of fun with 23 adults and 6 children. It was good to visit with some of my cousins that I had not seen in awhile. My aunt’s brother, sister-in-law, and nephew from Florida were there also.

On Wednesday, I was awakened at 5:45 am by a phone call from work about something that they should have had the paperwork on. I was a little put out by that but went back to sleep. After breakfast, I headed out  for some last minute Christmas shopping. We bummed around the house the rest of the afternoon and then went to church for the Christmas Eve service. After the service, we decided to get something to eat, and my uncle suggested Waffle House. We went into the Waffle House that was busy and noticed there was an empty table and no one seemed to be doing anything about cleaning it off, so my Type A uncle, bussed the table himself. The people at the next table left and so he bussed that one too. Then a guy who was there said he had been there an hour and still hadn’t gotten his food. We decided we better go somewhere else to eat. So as we were leaving my uncle said,”My job is done and now it is time to go!” We went to Taco Mac and all was well. We came home and opened our Christmas presents. That has become our Christmas tradition since becoming adults. My aunt’s nephew is 10  and still believes in Santa Clause, so we were trying not to ruin that for him. It was late when we got to bed and of course Shawn was up early on Christmas morning. It was hard to sleep after he opened up his electric guitar with the amp! My dad and I went and picked up my grandmother and then helped get everything to eat. We had a great meal with our family favorites of cornbread dressing, coconut cake, and ambrosia. My aunt who is from Baton Rouge, La added her family favorite of rice dressing and a cranberry dessert. It was a great combination. Shawn and my uncle raced his Razor Scooter down the hill by their house and I took a nap! It was a lazy day the rest of the day!

I got up this morning and left to come home. It was good to be with family, but I am glad to be home also. I din’t sleep so well last night because I had to sleep on a twin bed with my cousin’s min pin. That dog is spoiled to say the least! I was about to fall off the bed. I was glad to see family that I haven’t seen in a while and it was a joy to meet some new people. I look forward to doing it all again next year!


One response

  1. Home? Oh, I can’t wait … just a couple more days!


    December 28, 2008 at 1:40 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s