How would you describe yourself? Better in Time-Leona Lewis
What do you like in a member of the opposite sex? Feelin’ So Fly-Toby Mac
How do you feel today? Numb-Family Force 5
What is your life’s purpose? Make It Matter-Natalie Grant
What’s your motto? Mighty To Save-Hillsong United
What do your friends think of you? Party Like A Rock Star=Shop Boys
What do your parents think of you? Amazed-Jared Anderson
What do you think about very often? Wasted Time-Fuel
What is 2 + 2? Beautiful, Beautiful-Francesca Battistelli
What do you think of your best friend? Wonderful-Everclear
What is your life story? Refiner’s Fire-Darlene Zschech
What do you want to be when you grow up? Gone-Toby Mac
What do you think when you see the person you like? Unfailing God-New Life Worship
What will you dance to at your wedding? Stand, walk, Dance-Lecrae/116 Clique
What will they play at your funeral? Song 2- Blur
What is your hobby/interest? I Love Your Presence-David &Nicole Binion
What is your biggest fear? Beautiful Love-The Afters
What is your biggest secret? Start Over Again-Addison Road
What do you want right now? First Love-Avalon
What do you think of your friends? Low-Flo-Rida
What will you post this as? Where the Story Ends-The Fray
What time is it? In Better Hands-Natalie Grant
I found this on Michael’s blog and thougth it was too good to pass up plus I had some extra time on my hands today!!
Having worked in the mental health field for the past nine years, there is not much that shocks or disturbs me anymore! When I tell stories about things that hapeen or have happened at work, I get this “you gotta be making up this stuff up” look. Believe me, I wish I was most of the time. Yesterday though, I had one of those moments that just shook me to the core. Most of my experiences with psychiatric hospitals have been the state hospitals and they are usually get ’em in and get out! I never thought much about it, because to me the state hopsital is synonomous with the looney bin and believe me, I have seen people carrying on conversations with people who are not there! In a desperate attempt to stabilize a child, we ended up at a private facility. I spent quite a few hours there trying to make this thing work, at least for the weekend anyway. As I was getting ready to leave, a group of people walked by and they were not your normal run of the mill people that you see at the state hospital and it rocked me because there was a point in my life that I could have ended up in a place just like this. What made me different? What was it that kept me from totally disconnecting from life. It could have been me just as easily as anyone else. I hit rock bottom about 10 years ago and it has been a difficult journey back but I can honestly say that I have made it to the other side.
Come back tomorrow for part 2 of my story. I don’t know how many parts this may end up being but I don’t want it to be too much at one time. Also, this is really the first time I have talked about this in depth so it may take me some time to work up the courage to tell it all. I know that we overcome the enemy the by the power of our testimony and maybe in the process be able to be an encouragement to someone who is going through some simialr things.
Well, I was tagged with this on Facebook and decided to post this here also. For all three of my readers, I have totally sucked with posting the past week but things have just been absolutely crazy so maybe you will find this interesting.
1.I spent a summer cleaning swimming pools in Atlanta. I cleaned John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, and Chipper Jones’ pool. I had a conversation with Jesse Tuggle who played for the Falcons…..his German Shepherd was chasing me!He was super cool about it.
2.I stabbed myself in the back once. I put the sharp knife in the holder to dry. I turned my back to the sink to turn out the light and my sprained knee buckled and I fell backwards and the knife stabbed me in the back.
3. My dad calls me grace…..#2 and lots of other examples is how I got that nickname
4. I have had a plethora of nicknames over the years. I hate being called Angie. My family calls me Ang and my friends at church call me Ramsey
5. I have hiked parts of The Appalachian Trail in Tn, Va, and Ga. I hated every minute of it!
6.I found out when I was 31 that I had a learning disability. A friend that I worked with was working on her Masters in Educational Psychology and I helped her out.
7. I cannot put puzzles together……#6 explains why
8. I took piano lessons for 6 or 7 years but could not get my two hands to do two different things at the same time. Probably a result of #6
9. My Great Grandmother Dickey lived to be 102
10. I attended an event called Swamp Fest…..need I say more!
11. I once restrained a kid in an open field in the middle of a thunderstorm…..good times!
12.I taught school for 4 years and decided it was not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
13. I became a die hard University of North Carolina fan in 1982 when I got to watch Michael Jordan hit the game winning shot!
14. I have battled with depression for the past 10 years and although it has been a long road, I think I am finally getting the upper hand on this disorder.
15. I have to wear socks to bed. If my feet are cold then I am uncomfortable
16.I went bungee jumping with some friends the weekend before I graduated from college. My normally cool, calm and collected dad about hit the roof!! After all he had paid all this money to put me through college and I was trying to kill myself (the quote went something like that)
17.I love historical novels and movies
18.I am usually laid back but I have moments when someone has to peel me off the ceiling
19.I started a blog back in April and it has been the most amazing experience. I have met some really amazing people
20.I was a lifeguard and swimming instructor when I was in college
21. I have spent the last 9 years of my life helping to raise other people’s children because they could not or would not
22. I love books and want to have my own library someday
23.I never thought that I would enjoy my life in a small town
24. I have to have some type of white noise when I sleep….preferably a fan
25. I am grateful that God doesn’t give up on us even when we have made a mess of things! I strive to live my life each day in a way that will bring glory to Him.