25 Random Things About Me
Well, I was tagged with this on Facebook and decided to post this here also. For all three of my readers, I have totally sucked with posting the past week but things have just been absolutely crazy so maybe you will find this interesting.
1.I spent a summer cleaning swimming pools in Atlanta. I cleaned John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, and Chipper Jones’ pool. I had a conversation with Jesse Tuggle who played for the Falcons…..his German Shepherd was chasing me!He was super cool about it.
2.I stabbed myself in the back once. I put the sharp knife in the holder to dry. I turned my back to the sink to turn out the light and my sprained knee buckled and I fell backwards and the knife stabbed me in the back.
3. My dad calls me grace…..#2 and lots of other examples is how I got that nickname
4. I have had a plethora of nicknames over the years. I hate being called Angie. My family calls me Ang and my friends at church call me Ramsey
5. I have hiked parts of The Appalachian Trail in Tn, Va, and Ga. I hated every minute of it!
6.I found out when I was 31 that I had a learning disability. A friend that I worked with was working on her Masters in Educational Psychology and I helped her out.
7. I cannot put puzzles together……#6 explains why
8. I took piano lessons for 6 or 7 years but could not get my two hands to do two different things at the same time. Probably a result of #6
9. My Great Grandmother Dickey lived to be 102
10. I attended an event called Swamp Fest…..need I say more!
11. I once restrained a kid in an open field in the middle of a thunderstorm…..good times!
12.I taught school for 4 years and decided it was not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
13. I became a die hard University of North Carolina fan in 1982 when I got to watch Michael Jordan hit the game winning shot!
14. I have battled with depression for the past 10 years and although it has been a long road, I think I am finally getting the upper hand on this disorder.
15. I have to wear socks to bed. If my feet are cold then I am uncomfortable
16.I went bungee jumping with some friends the weekend before I graduated from college. My normally cool, calm and collected dad about hit the roof!! After all he had paid all this money to put me through college and I was trying to kill myself (the quote went something like that)
17.I love historical novels and movies
18.I am usually laid back but I have moments when someone has to peel me off the ceiling
19.I started a blog back in April and it has been the most amazing experience. I have met some really amazing people
20.I was a lifeguard and swimming instructor when I was in college
21. I have spent the last 9 years of my life helping to raise other people’s children because they could not or would not
22. I love books and want to have my own library someday
23.I never thought that I would enjoy my life in a small town
24. I have to have some type of white noise when I sleep….preferably a fan
25. I am grateful that God doesn’t give up on us even when we have made a mess of things! I strive to live my life each day in a way that will bring glory to Him.