I came across this today over at Maren’s blog and decided it was worth reposting
1. ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car): Misty Sentra
2. GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe): Cake Batter flip flop
3. NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): Blue Koala
4 SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): Green Coffee
5. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): Enoch Harry
6. STRIPPER NAME (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy): Ralph Hot Tamales
7. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your fifth grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): Webber Washington
8. SPY NAME (your favorite season/holiday, flower): Autumn Daisy
9. CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now): Cherry Sweater
10. HIPPIE NAME (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree): Peanut Butter Sandwich Palm
I was born and raised in North Carolina. Although, I have not lived there in about 10 years, it is still home to me. I don’t care how many years I live in Georgia, I will not convert to being a Bulldog fan. Tarheels all the way baby! Anyway, I came across this recently and thought I would share it. Let me here from my fellow North Carolinians!
• Saying “y’all” isn’t just a cute expression; it actually means something.
• You know Pepsi originated in New Bern, Cheerwine in Salisbury, and that Mountain Dew was invented in Fayetteville.
• Cheerwine is a sacred drink to you and you know that it is best with barbeque and peach cobbler.
• You know Krispy Kreme doughnuts are the best doughnuts ever!
• You know that Cook Out has the best hamburgers and milkshakes known to man.
• You have supported the Panthers through the good times…and not so good times.
• You think of hockey when you hear the word Canes and think of game 7 of the Stanely Cup.
• You get Bojangles when you want some good fried chicken and sweet tea.
• You understand that when you hear someone say hush puppies they are not telling a dog to be quiet, but instead someone is talking about little balls of fried seasoned cornbread that are great with barbeque.
• You know Coke tastes better in glass bottles and that peanuts make coke taste even better.
• You have an opinion about UNC. You went there and loved it, or you hate everyone who did.
• No matter what those people in Ohio say, we are still “first in flight.”
• You know that “chuck” the ball means to throw it.
• You know that “barbeque” means cookin pork on an open pit and a “cook out” is grilling hamburgers and hotdogs.
• You know when someone is talking about moonshine, they are not referring to anything they saw in the sky.
• Fifty degrees Fahrenheit is “a little chilly.”
• Your school classes were canceled because it might snow.
• Your school classes were canceled because of heat.
• Your school classes were canceled because of a hurricane.
• You consider 3 inches of snow a winter storm.
• You have no problem spelling or pronouncin’ “Bertie” or “Forsyth.”
• You use or hear the term daggum on a regular basis.
• Those “damn Yankees” are taking over your school/ workplace…
• You think South Carolina was dead weight well shed.
• You measure distance in minutes.
• You remember watching the ACC Tournament on television at school.
• You know more about ACC basketball than professional basketball.
• You know everyone claims to hate Senator Jesse Helms but somehow he has never lost an election.
• You’ve ever had to switch from “Heat” to “A/C” in the same day.
• You have actually uttered the phrase “It’s too hot to go to the pool.”
• You eat collards, hog jowl, and black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day.
• You sometimes eat country ham, grits and eggs for supper.
• You know what a pig pickin’ is.
• You remember when Easter Monday was a Holiday.
• You know that Texas Pete is made in Winston- Salem, not Texas.
• Your family has fried chicken once a week.
• You can tell the difference between cotton fields and tobacco fields while driving.
• You’ve been “properly raised”, and Yankees love it when they hear you say “ma’am” and “sir.”
• You get your carbs from biscuits, rolls, pancakes, and grits.
• You own at least one surf shop or seafood restaurant shirts.
• Every time you visit someone you’re offered something to eat and a glass of tea.
• You can recognize a copperhead and your heart drops when you see one.
• You recognize only two kinds of BBQ (both pork)–Lexington and Eastern.
• You have been to a baseball game, even if you don’t like the sport.